We are located at the 6th floor of the G.O. Jones Building on the Mile End Campus, midway between Stepney Green and Mile End Tube stations, approximately 15-20 minutes from central London on the Central or District lines. If exiting Stepney Green tube station, turn left and walk along the Mile End Road for approximately 300 metres. The G.O. Jones (Physics) building is to the right of the main college building, which is fronted by a clocktower and lawn. If exiting Mile End tube station, turn left and walk approximately 300 metres until you are opposite the main college building.
Centre for Research in String Theory
School of Physics and Astronomy
Queen Mary University of London
327 Mile End Road
London, E1 4NS
This campus map shows the main buildings. Some alternative maps of the campus and area are:
- Train: The following train services can be used from Gatwick: Gatwick Express, Southern Trains and First Capital Connect.
- Bus: The following bus services run from Gatwick: easyBus and National Express.
- Taxi: A taxi would take about 65 minutes to central London.
- Train: Stansted Express runs every 15 minutes and takes about 45 minutes to reach London Liverpool Street. National Express East Anglia runs to Stratford (East London).
- Bus or Coach: Coaches run from Stansted to London, with destinations including Liverpool Street, Victoria, Stratford, Baker Street and Kings Cross.
- Taxi: Stansted Airport taxi operator Checker Cars, which operate out of the reservation desk on the international arrivals concourse and there is a courtesy phone in the UK and Ireland baggage reclaim hall. Cost is about £99 for one to four people.
- Train: There is the Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect which run from Heathrow to London Paddington. These trains run every 15 and 30 minutes respectively.
- Bus and Coach: Heathrow to Feltham is the local 285 bus service which links Heathrow with Feltham rail station. From Feltham rail station there are frequent trains to London Waterloo. National Express coach runs services throughout the day with journey times of between 40 and 80 minutes to Victoria coach station.
London City Airport
- DLR: The DLR departs London City Airport every 8 to 15 minutes, with journey times of less than 7 minutes to Canning Town or Woolwich Arsenal and 22 minutes to Bank.
- Bus: Bus number 473 operates between London City Airport, Stratford, Silvertown, North Woolwich and Prince Regent DLR Station. Bus number 474 operates between London City Airport, Canning Town, North Woolwich and East Beckton via Silvertown. Plan your journey on the Transport for London web site:
- Shuttle Express Service: A pre-bookable shuttle bus service runs between Canary Wharf and the airport.
- Taxi: A taxi would take about 15 minutes and cost about £15