We invite applications for a number of prestigious early and advanced personal fellowships.
A number of our current staff held such fellowships here or elsewhere prior to or during appointment:
- EPSRC (D. Berman, W. Spence, G. Travaglini)
- STFC/PPARC (S. Ramgoolam)
- Royal Society (M. Buican, C. Papageorgakis, S. Thomas)
Please contact members of staff directly with expressions of interest or Prof. Andreas Brandhuber for general enquiries.
Royal Society Fellowships (internal deadline 29/7/2016)
The Royal Society offers a number of prestigious Fellowships under three different programmes:
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships, which are tenable for 5 years and renewable in two instalments up to 10 years. These are mainly for outstanding researchers at an advanced postdoctoral level.
- Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships, mainly designed for people who need flexible working patterns due to personal commitments. These are tenable for 4 years.
- Newton International Fellowships, 2-year fellowships for non-UK outstanding researchers at an early stage of their career.
European Commission Fellowships (internal deadlines TBA)
The European Union offers a number of prestigious Fellowships under the Horizon 2020 programme, specifically:
- ERC Starting grants, 5-year positions for researcher leaders with 2-7 years of postdoctoral experience who wish to start or consolidate their research.
- ERC Consolidator grants, 5-year positions for established researchers with 7-12 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie individual fellowships, 2-year positions for junior researchers.
STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellowships (internal deadline 29/7/2016; internal decisions 1/8/2016)
The STFC award a small number of 5-year Ernest Rutherford Fellowships: STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellowships.
These awards are very competitive and we can only put forward 1-2 applicants per round, which are decided as per the deadlines above.
Other funding opportunities supported by the STFC can be found at the link: STFC Fellowships.
The EPSRC processes fellowship applications at all levels on a rolling basis and in priority areas which change regularly.
More information on these funding opportunities can be found at the link: EPSRC Fellowships.
Other Funding Opportunities
There are other opportunities for postdoctoral research funding at Queen Mary. These include:
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Fellowships, 3-year fellowships, for early career researchers; subject to annual renewal.
- Boncompagni-Ludovisi Fellowships, for italian or swedish researchers.
- Della Riccia Fellowships, for italian citizens.
- L'Oréal Fellowships, for women in science.